Your Nav Bar Here

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Age is Nothing But a Number, Right?

Remember the days when we could not wait to be 18 or 21???? And remember when we were children and aspired to be grown-ups???? There is nothing better than innocence, right?

I remember when I turned 30! Honestly, it was the best birthday ever. I was once told that 30 is when you really know yourself and know exactly what you want in life (or don't want in life). Sweet memories of long years ago, just kidding. I am only 33 years old :)

Aging is something people do not want to talk about nor go through. We cherish our youthful years so much and have a very hard time letting go. Women, specifically, tend to do WHATEVER it takes to not "look" older and would even lie about their age. Truth is, we do not find any beauty in the process of aging. I know what you are thinking already...... what can she possibly know.....she is only 33 years old (still young). Well, it turns out that your 30s is full of pressure of taking the "right" steps to NOT age prematurely. I cannot even begin with how many people mention the biological clock ticking for having children, the amount of collagen and elasticity I am loosing, and of course the happy grey hairs do not help the cause.

Reality is that age is nothing but a number! Yes, our body does change and ages because it is part of our nature. But when the mind starts aging that's when everything really goes downhill! So please, enjoy yourself and enjoy the moments that have been granted to us!!! Laugh at every joke, smile at strangers, aspire to better yourself and do something out of the ordinary! Life goes on and we can't sit here and watch it go to waste by wishing to be younger or looking back at our youth! I love my 30s and I refuse to allow my mind to bury me alive in my body! 

No comments:

Post a Comment